What is Green Foods Hydrolyzed Collagen?
Collagen, roughly meaning “something that produces glue,” is the primary structural protein found in our skin and other connective tissues. In essence, it’s what holds our bodies together, and it’s incredibly abundant; collagen makes up a whopping 30 percent of our total cache of protein and accounts for 30 percent of our bones, 60 percent of our cartilage, up to 80 percent of our skin, 80 percent of our tendons and 90 percent of the sclera (also know as the whites of your eyes). Because of the proliferation of collagen within our bodies, it’s almost impossible to name an organ, system or function that isn’t affected when you suffer from collagen insufficiency.
Ideally, your body is making collagen every day, but the aging process leads to a natural decrease in collagen production and that can create some obvious deficits.
Green Foods Hydrolyzed Collagen may help:
• Promote muscle health
• Strengthen bones
• Support healthy skin and nails
• Reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging
• Protect your gut
• Combat hair loss
• Contribute to flexibility and joint mobility
• Maintain eye health
How to Use Green Foods Hydrolyzed Collagen
Stir one serving of our Green Foods Hydrolyzed Collagen into water until dissolved. Collagen is effective served hot or cold, so you can mix it with everything from tea to a bowl of mashed potatoes and experience the perks of collagen with little to no added taste or texture.
Green Foods Hydrolyzed Collagen May Be Used To:
• Heal Leaky Gut: The current popularity of bone broth is largely due to the link between collagen and improved digestion. Many people believe that consuming collagen sends those glue-like proteins through the gastrointestinal tract where they seal gaps and allow your GI lining to heal.
• Improve Skin and Hair: Collagen contributes to skin elasticity, so when collagen levels drop, you may see a loss of moisture and more sagging, cellulite, stretch marks and wrinkles due to thinning skin. Add more collagen to your diet and you may see firmer, smoother skin and stronger hair.
• Increase Joint Mobility: Collagen helps replace the synovial fluid in and around your joints, essentially lubricating the joint, reducing friction and facilitating movement.
• Build Muscle and Fuel Metabolism: The crucial proteins in Green Foods Hydrolyzed Collagen play a vital role in increasing muscle mass. That new muscle tissue then begins to process nutrients, burn calories and support your skeleton.
• Promote Cardiac Health: One of the amino acids in collagen is proline, which zeros in on repair jobs not just in the joints but also in the arteries. Some studies also indicate that proline may help prevent arteriosclerosis by making it difficult for plaque to build up on artery walls.
• Cleanse Your Liver: The liver is meant to cleanse your body of toxins, but when those toxins build up, they can cause damage to the liver itself. Regular consumption of collagen may help limit that damage.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.