What Is Moringa Leaf Powder?
Native to India but now grown in many different regions, Moringa oleifera is a tree popular in Eastern medicine as a cure-all for a variety of ailments. Though the leaves are the most commonly harvested component, the pods, fruit, seeds, flowers and bark are also used for a variety of purposes.
Once picked, moringa leaves are dried and ground into a deep green, nutty-smelling powder that is practically bursting with nutrition. Tests show that moringa has dozens of amino acids, antioxidants and tons of phytonutrients.
Green Foods Moringa Leaf Powder May Help:
• Boost energy
• Lower blood pressure
• Promote good quality sleep
• Detoxify and eliminate bacteria
• Support brain health and cognitive function
• Balance mood and emotions
• Support digestive health
How to Use Moringa Leaf Powder
Moringa powder’s relatively neutral taste (it’s slightly vegetable like spinach but without strong fishy, bitter, or iron notes like seaweed or kale) means that it can be easily incorporated into almost any recipe. Add a 1-teaspoon serving to 8 ounces of juice, or blend into your smoothie or shake. You can also sprinkle the powder on your avocado toast or salad, mix it into cupcakes or banana bread, or stir some into your steel-cut oatmeal along with some coconut milk and goji berries.
Moringa May Be Used To:
• Fight Free Radicals: Polyphenols, flavonoids, ascorbic acid — they’re all present and accounted for in moringa, and they’re hard at work fighting free radicals. Antioxidants can help limit oxidation (a major cause of aging, memory loss, fatigue, headaches and more), prevent cell damage, and ward off inflammation.
• Detox and Purify: Moringa powder is a type of coagulant, meaning it has the ability to neutralize particles with a negative electrical charge. Because of that, moringa can be used to remove impurities from water; consume moringa, and it may have the same detoxifying effects inside your body.
• Calm, Relax, and Relieve Anxiety: Some studies show that moringa’s innate ability to calm and soothe may lead to increased serenity during the day and better sleep at night.
• Provide Protein: Moringa contains 18 of the 20 amino acids required by the human body. Eight of those are amino acids typically found in meat; moringa is a cheaper, more eco-friendly alternative to animal protein for health-conscious omnivores and vegetarians.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.